Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tess



The kids stayed with my Mom and Dad while Daniel and I went to Georgia in June.  One night while we were gone Aliyah told my mom "grandma will you give me a dog for my birthday.  I really want one and my Daddy wont let my have one.  So can you give me one and tell him I have to keep it."  Off and on I have wanted a dog but Daniel never wants an indoor dog and thinks it to hot outside.  Aliyahs plea musta melted his heart cause when I told him about it he said, "maybe in the fall." 

Yesterday I was looking at furniture on craigslist and notice the free tab above furniture and thought what kinda crap do people list for free,  and clicked it.  The second posting was for a dog, purebred yellow lab, house trained, knows: sit, shake, down and come. Comes with kennel, toys, food, leash and bowls.  FREE. I showed it to Daniel when he came home and we decided we would email about it.  Like an hour later our friends the Spilkers called to tell Daniel it was there dog and to hurry and come cause some other people were coming to look at her.

Crazy I didn't even know they had a dog and they only live 4 blocks from us. We went and meet Tess and decided we would give her a try, the price was right, she has some training and figured if she didn't work out for us maybe my Dad or Char would want her. :-)

She has been great so far.  Lauren is in love and has spent the whole day out with her. I had to make her come in for drinks and lunch. She is great with the kids, I don't even worry about Lauren out with her.  She is a sweet dog.  Hopefully we like her just as much when the newness wears off. :-)

No comments: