Friday, August 12, 2011

The Horse Call

On the 5th we were at the "Bumble Bee store" (DI), Aliyah had earned a little money and that is her favorite place to spend her money.  We always look in the outdoor section when we are there and immediately Lauren spotted this with her Horse Radar


  She climbed on it and I knew life would never be the same for her. 

I called her daddy but he said it was to expensive, $25 at the DI is, even though it was in great condition.  So I stayed there awhile hoping she might lose interest..HAHAHAHA!!  So after like an hour and her still in love with the horse I knew there was no way I would be leaving without it.  So who do you call when Daddy has says NO.......Papa, to the rescue. 

The conversation went like this
ME: How much do you love your granddaughter?
PA: Buy it, whatever it is.
ME How do you know its about buying something?
PA: Just buy it and I'll send the check.

What a good Papa.  Lauren is in heaven! The first night she tried to take it to bed, then got up at 4:30am to ride it.  The next night it was 3:30 and we would send her back to bed and moments later we would hear squeak squeak squeak...........Lauren go back to bed! She sits on it all day and insists Christian is held when she rides him so he or the horse doesn't get hurt (I haven't figured that part out yet)


There is no doubt this girl loves her horses and her Papa loves her.

2 comments:

Jarom said...

What a great post! It just made me laugh. Cute girl and great Papa. :-)

McGinnis Family said...

This post makes me so happy and laugh!!! I can totally picture it and I get a kick out of the play-by-play on her horse! So Lauren!