Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Christian is 1 !!



 Christian is officially one.  Time has flown by so fast!  He is a wonderful baby, so cheerful and content.  Its crazy to think bad to his little rough start to life and to look at him now you would never know he ever had trouble.  Hes healthy, strong, chubby and happy.  He is still my little "son"shine and I don't know what I would do without him.
  
                                  
  For Christians birthday we were lucky enough to have my mom (New Grandma) and my Grandma (G.G.) come to be with us.  On the actual day of his birthday was really didn't do to much.  It was on a Thurs and we figured he really didn't know what day his birthday was, so we decided to wait until Saturday to celebrate.  I actually felt really bad and kinda guilty that on his actual birthday we only sang to him and ate pizza.  I am big on birthdays and this did not feel right.  However, Saturday came and it was perfect! 

My friend Stacy had the cutest outfits, hats and pictures done for her twins birthday, I had to have them too.  I search forever on the Internet and finally my mom called her mom (their good friend) and a lady from my moms home town custom makes them.  She was amazing she made them that night so so could bring them to my mom the next day!  They are fabulous!!
  So we set up a picture shoot.  I was not prepared enough to have it professionally done since I didn't know we were able to get his outfit until the day before his birthday.  I actually painted a bead board backdrop but forgot about it when I was taking his pictures with my crappy camera.  I made his cake.  It was butter cream but the whole idea was for him to be able to make a mess and one of my fondant cakes would not have done the trick.
 He was so darling taking the pictures, even though he had his Daddy genes of blinking as you take the picture so so many of them end up with sleepy or close eyes.
 Then we went to Enterprise.  It was important for my to have Daniel Dad at Christian birthday.  His health is not good and they didn't feel like they would be able to drive down.  I wanted Christian to know his Grandpa Staheli was at his first birthday, I don't know if he'll be here for any others and I wanted Christian to have pictures of Grandpa Staheli celebrating his birthday.  Christian and Grandpa have a special relationship.

That day Enterprise was having their 24th of July parade and Grandpa was in it for serving in WWII.  Unfortunately we missed the parade thinking it was starting at a different time. So we had lunch outside and then let him eat more of his cake and let Aliyah open his presents for him.  He really wasn't interested in them. And then he fell asleep.  It was a great day and we were lucky enough to have Daniels sister Nani and her family there to celebrate with us.


At one Christian:
Crawls
Sleeps from 7 till 6:30
Take one short nap and one long nap
Is in a forward facing car seat
Weights 25lbs
Is 31 inches long
Wears 12-18 month clothes
Shoes size 3-4
Says mama
Jabbers all the time
Laughs at everything
Is a total boy, he has to see whats in every cupboard, every drawer and what behind every door.
Loves to play the piano
Loves to crawl under the table and chairs
Loves Loves water!
Still has his hemanginoma
Like whole milk
Loves Ramen chicken noodles
Is a great eater
Loves people
Pulls up on everything and sometimes nothing and lets go to stand on his own, walking is not far.
He is wonderful and we love him VERY VERY much!
Love you Bubby!!

No comments: