Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My porch

Recently I have fallen in love with watching Studio 5.  Yes the host and co host are annoying but they have to best ideas.  I am inspired to create almost every time I watch. 

Awhile back I show a segment on making your porch more interesting.  I was so inspired I have been trying to create more interest in my porch.

This is how it look for Valentines



I got this lantern and will change it per holiday or season.  I love how it turned out for Valentines.
These heart pebbles are in the bottom

I, well we, made this bench.

  I bought this at a yard sale for 5 dollars, it was a shelf but where I wanted to put it, it did not fit.  Conveniently I also have been wanting some kind of seating on my porch but it had to be narrow as its not very wide.  AAAHHHAAA! I thought.  I can change that shelf into a bench. 

That great piece of bead board in the back of the picture was used as the backing for the shelves but it will be useful for another project 

 I think it turned out great.

I have more pillows to make but I again was inspired by Studio 5 to make a burlap ("its so in") pillow.  I ended up changing  it, I was going to do it exactly like the on TV but I love how mine turned out.  I just bought cheap pillows at DI. (I knew we weren't sleeping on them and they would be outside so it took the yuck factor out of 2nd hand pillows and saved me tons) and covered them.


I the wreath is a little small be I won it at Bunco and it was the right theme.  I have another wreath to make but it will have to wait till next year.

I hope to paint my door green but I am in the middle of several other projects so will see when that gets done. 

I think my porch turned out great!  Can't wait to change it St. Patricks day!

3 comments:

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

Everything is SO SO cute! I love the lantern with those cute heart pebbles and I love the pillow too! You're so creative...and helps when your hubby is handy too! Jake's helped me cut out a few things and I know if I would have even tried to do it myself I more than likely would have lost a limb (or 2)! I can't wait to see what you do for St. Patty's!

Jarom said...

I love your porch! Want to work on mine now? ;-)

Marianne Parker said...

You are so creative! It makes me wish I could just walk outside and walk up to your front porch!