I don't think so.
This month I turned 30 and nothing about that number has been hard for me, except maybe just being amazed how fast time has passed. I don't feel old. In away 30s nice I feel like I'm more secure with myself and my opinion is counted with the adults not just flippantly passed over as an "oh shes young and doesn't know". I don't feel the need to hold on to 29 forever.
Maybe 30s not hard for me because I feel like I have accomplished a lot in 30 years.
I have married a great man, I have 3 wonderful and healthy children, I have graduated 3 times. I have earned the title Registered Nurse and graduated the youngest in my class. I went straight into the ICU after graduating. I have held wonderful callings in Church: Primary 1st counselor twice, Primary Secretary, sunbeam teacher, FHE specialist twice (you'd think I was good at it, haha) YW 1st counselor and Secretary and RS teacher and visiting teacher. I have a strong testimony and my faith has been exercised but never lost or questioned as it was what got me through some trials. I have learned from the difficult times. I have always lived true to myself and the things I believe in. I like myself, even considering my weaknesses. I only have 1 regret looking back, I try to enjoy anything and everything I am a part of . I always try to be optimistic and bring other joy. I am happy.
I enjoy life and I am excited to see what the 30s have to offer. So here's to the 30s
P.S.We did go to dinner the night before my birthday. It was more fun then the expressions that were captured.
The day of my birthday was spent at a funeral and driving home. Nothing to be excited about.
1 comment:
I love it!
I've always felt like age is something we earn because of all that we have experienced, and not something to be ashamed of!
Post a Comment