Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

I'm a goofy women (yes I know ya'll know) but I am not a huge fan of Valentines.  To me it was fun when your dating someone and first married but once you have kids it is such a hassle to arrange, if you can find, a babysitter so you and your significant other can stand in line for 2 hours to eat a meal that take another hour to be served to you.  Plus I feel like it makes doing something for your significant feel other so obligatory.  I would much rather Daniel surprise me unexpectedly with flowers or dinner.  Knowing that he thought of me and wanted to do that for me would melt my heart and does.  So we don't plan a lot for Valentine but I do like to celebrate it as a family with our kids. 

We ate pink pancakes for breakfast, they would have been hearts but I broke the cookie cutter. I put 2 hearts in Aliyahs hairdo and one in Laurens.  We dressed them in hearts (Aliyahs school had a free dress day). Lauren, Christian and I surprised Daniel at his work with lunch. After school we made heart sugar cookies and decorated them.  Daniel helped Aliyah take them to her friends. 







We had heart shaped sandwiches for dinner. Daniel did get me a dozen white roses. Mom sent the kids valentine cards and Grandma and Grandpa Staheli gave the girls balloons.  Papa gave Aliyah a stuffed red bear, Lauren a  pony and teething toys for Christian and doughnuts, of course.  We gave the kids some valentine presents. 



 I watched the bachelor. And we talked to family on the phone.

But most important we were together and at the heart of Valentines that is what its about, being with those you love.

2 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

You are amazing to me! Seriously! Pancakes for breakfast on a school day?!?!?! You are seriously my hero!!! Connor's lucky if he gets cereal! You are such a great Mom and will always be someone I look to for an example!

Marianne Parker said...

What a fun day for your family. That's the way we like to celebrate it, too! It's more about the kids valentine parties at school than it is about an expensive date and flowers!