I knew we needed to consult with and ENT and called to make an appointment with Dr Gardner, I have worked a little with him and he is so kind, but we couldn't even get in to see him until January. We really want to have the surgery this year as we have met our insurance deductible. So I told the receptionist about Laurens anxiety and asked which doctor she would recommend and she suggested Dr. Chase.
Ever since I knew this consult and surgery were something that might have to happen I have been praying that if Lauren had to experience it, that we would be able to find a Dr. she would be ok with. Today my prayers were heard. Dr. Chase came into the room and kept his distance while he asked questions. Then as he slowly got closer to Lauren he talked softly to her, asked her if he could look in her mouth and made her a glove balloon. She liked it and when he assessed her she didn't want to cooperate at first but she only kinda whimpered. I was expecting the screaming tantrums I have dealt with in the past. It was amazing!!! When she jumped off my lap she popped her balloon and even went over by Dr. Chase on her own and wanted him to make another.
It was all a miracle. It may not seem like much but to me and those who really know Lauren it was nothing short of a miracle. I cried when we got home and even now that everything went so well. Prayers are heard and answered. Now we just have to get through the surgery.
1 comment:
Ohhhh! I am so glad that Dr. Chase was so sweet with Lauren and that they are going to be able to do the surgery before the end of the year! That's a huge answer to prayers in many ways! Let us know if we can help in any way!
Post a Comment