This year I started a Thankful tree. You have a bear tree and you fill it up with leaves of things you are thankful for. You're supposed to do it all month but since our family is young we just did it for FHE. The girls loved it. Aliyah wanted to keep making leaves and Lauren loved putting the tree and leaves on the wall.
Lauren even helped my during the day line up the leaves while I checked to make sure the tree would work.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial in acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, bring peace for today and creates a vision of tomorrow."--Melodie Beattie
I have SO much in my life I am thankful for!
1 comment:
Cute! Jake's family does a thankful tree every year too! I was thinking about making a Christmas tree with ornaments and do the same kind of thing! I've yet to do it and it's way past starting the 12 days of Christmas thing! I really want to start doing my own traditions but I'm not sure what I want to do! Christmas in my family is making treats, dipping chocolates, and seeing the lights so if you hear of any ideas I would love to hear them!
Post a Comment