Monday, June 14, 2010

9 years

9 years ago today, my happily ever after began.  Daniel and I were married for Time and All Eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.  We were so blessed to have so much of our families there.  Almost all of our families had to travel to get there to be with us.    I was so blessed to have my Grandma Young and my Grandpa Stewart there, they both passed away a short time later. 

Memories of our dating and courtship
  • Daniel would come every Friday night (before and after his mission) to take me out, usually dinner and dancing
  • Horseback riding, and being hit in the head by the brim of his cowboy hat, and Comet sweating on me.
  • Teasing a very gullible Daniel endlessly.
  • Always feeling safe and respected when I was with him.
  • He always smelled GREAT!!
  • Our Wednesday night calls
  • Once Daniel came down on a Wed to take me out and his parent were concerned that he might get side tracked from preparing for a mission.
  • Helping Daniel get ready for his mission, and taking him to the MTC.(That was terrible for me, I thought it was the scariest place.)
  • Writing back and forth on his mission.
  • We went to almost all of  my school dances together and all of his.
  • Repelling and water fights
  • My mom insisting Daniel could wear my brother Richards underwear  (long story)
  • The first time Daniel met Kevin, he whipped Daniel with a twizzler and told him to surrender in a very gay voice.
  • The flowers he sent to my work, by far the most beautiful arrangement I have ever seen
  • Within weeks of Daniel being home from his mission I showed him the ring I wanted, if he wanted to marry me.....I got it a couple of weeks later.
  • My front porch
Our marriage
  • Waiting to start our family, I enjoyed that time together, were we could establish us.
  • Nursing School, I never ironed my nursing uniform Daniel would get up and do it for me.  He would drive me out to Colorado City and wait in the car while I took tests, just to be with me.
  • Camping and Hunting together
  • While I was in school I didn't work so we lived on our own with an $8.40 an hour income.
  • Buying our first home and as a house warming present I told Daniel I was pregnant
  • Getting ready for Aliyah to join us and decorating her room.
  • Going to San Fransisco with the Parkers.
  • Being grateful Lauren's debut into our family was so easy.
  • Lauren febrile seizure was our first (hopefully only) ER visit.
  • The handy-man projects I come up with for Daniel
  • Preparing to meet our first son.

We have had a great 9 years of marriage following the 4 years of dating.  I look forward to 100 more years with Daniel and then some.
I love you Daniel.  You are with out a doubt the right man for me.  I appreciate how patient and supportive you are with me.  I love the way you respect me.  Thank you for working so hard to make it so I can be home with the girls.  Thank you for knowing and loving the gospel and honoring your Priesthood.  Mostly for loving me and our girls.

1 comment:

Riki Lee said...

I remember being at your wedding and reception. I can't believe it's been that long! Happy Anniversary!