Friday, May 14, 2010
Riddle me this....
Now I enjoy so called, dumb humor, movies when the mood strikes. Honestly Nacho Libre(I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night... for some toast.) and Dumb and Dumber(Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!) are great. I still laugh out loud when watching them. You have to be in the right mood but when you are they are absolutely great. This is something that Daniel does not understand. He thinks they are dumb, not funny, just dumb and a waste of time. Tonight I got put on call for work so Daniel and I got the girls to bed and sat down to watch a movie. I suggested we watch Twister (its been a while). Daniel goes to get the movie and says how about The Princess Bride (Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.). I have always known Daniel likes this movie but tonight it dawned on me it is the epitome of "dumb humor" movies. It ranks up there with Monte Python(You got no arms left. Yes I do. LOOK. Its just a flesh wound) Better off Dead (I want my 2 dollars) and A Christmas Story (I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! You'll shoot your eye out.) . All are amazingly from the 80's, says a lot doesn't it. So I say Daniel how can you like this "dumb" movie, and his reply is " it has some decent sword fighting and it has a point." Point what point. "He gets his "true love". INCONCEIVABLE!! Does anyone get this defense.
1 comment:
We so need to watch movies together! Those are all seriously some of our favs! The first time I watched Nacho, I thought LAME!! But now, it ranks way up there on my list of favorite movies! :)
Post a Comment