Thursday, May 27, 2010

Aliyahs' Cookie Cutters

Today Aliyah cut just over 8 inches of her hair.  For about 2 weeks Aliyah has been telling me she wants her hair short like mine.   I have been telling her if we cut it I can't put it back, it has to grow back.  She has still insisted she wanted it cut.  I figured if I was going to cut 4 to 5 inches I might as well do 8 and she can donate it to wigs for kids or pantene lengths. 
I saw a cookie cutters store up north and it was so adorable I knew I wanted to take Aliyah there for her first salon hair cut.  She was so excited.  The store is so cute they asked if Aliyah was ready then let her pick a movie or a play station game, then she got to pick where she wanted to sit.  They had airplanes, a pink car, a motorcycle, a blue car and a firetruck.  They were all cute but she wanted the motorcycle.  I was shocked it wasn't the pink car.
After measuring her hair and taking a deep breath(me) Amy cut her hair.  I was so worried what Aliyah would think when Amy showed her her cut off braid but Aliyah looked shocked for a second then said somebody sick is going to have my braid. ( oh sweet)  Aliyah had fun watching her Barbie movie, she was sad when she was done.  They were really fast but I guess they have to be. 
Though I personally like Aliyahs hair a little longer, this is cute and it will be so nice for the hot summer. 

What a Big Girl you are Aliyah!!  Some one special will love your beautiful blond hair!!




We'll add the after shot later, batteries died.

2 comments:

Marianne Parker said...

Hi Brittany. It was so fun to get on your blog and read all of your updates! Your girls have grown up so much. I really miss having you come over to my house. I need Brittany time!

The Isoms said...

My cousin manages one of the Cookie Cutters up North.

That is sooo cool! She has beautiful hair! Someone will be lucky to get her hair!