Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Aliyah

Today Aliyah turned 5!  I can't believe it.  It has all gone so fast.  It really doesn't seem so long ago she made her long and hard debut into the world.  But just as we were then, we still are completely in love with her.   She is such a good little girl.  I have not looked foreward to her turning 5 as now she will go to school and not be with me all day.  She is my best buddy and I really enjoy her being with me.
  
She was dead asleep when I went into her room this morining but when I said "Aliyah who's birthday is it", she opened her eyes and said, "MINE!"  We have had a chain countdown for her (she was confused when her birthday was.)  Yesterday at school, she was Miss Traci's happy helper, which she loves to be.  She took the class donuts and I read during story time. So that was a great pre-birthday gift.

Aliyah is interested in Barbie Mermaid right now so she got the doll, mermaid swim and play, a mermaid tale, a mermaid cake (after fondant, I hate using icing!!) 2 shirts, a pajama dress, lip gloss, a paint shirt and a princess hat.  She loved everything.  She would say, "oh it's just what I wanted" after she opened everything up.
Daniel took the day off so we were able to spend the whole day as a family.   We went to Pirate Island for the first time. The girls thought it was great. 
Then we went swimming the rest of the day.  Aliyah met a friend (this always happens as everyone is Aliyahs' friend) at the pool.  It was so nice to have someone for her to play with as some of her friends are in school.  The little girls grandma even bought Aliyah a ice cream sandwich for her birthday.  They were very sweet.
The other thing Aliyah wanted for her birthday was lots of decorations!!  Lucky for me my mom had thrown my Aunt Susan a surprise 55th birthday so all of her decorations worked perfectly.   Aliyah loves the snow, and it even tried to snow for her birthday.   Nothing stuck to the ground or even made it wet but you could see the snowflakes.  She was thrilled.
Some things about Aliyah
She loves people, everyone is her friend
She loves Miss Traci and gymnastics
She likes to swim
She is wearing a size 6 in her clothes and size 12 or 13 shoe
She is 46 inches tall and weighs 59 lbs
She has the most beautiful hair and blue eyes
She loves to be Miss Tracis happy helper and Mommys'
Shes recently into SpongeBob
Love to go to the park and especailly the library park.
She is fun to take shopping, she has to try things on with you and her comments are hilarious
She loves to be silly and make you laugh
Loves to have you tell her stories
Likes to play pirates with her Dad
Says "last morning" for anything in past tense
Loves to write on the mirror while I do her hair.
Is a good helper, loves to cook
She is alittle dramatic at times

We love you so much Aliyah!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

McGinnis Family said...

What a fun, fun birthday! I'm glad that she had such a great day!!!!