Happy Easter!!



We had such a great Easter. Friday Mom, the girls and I went to the Arts Festival, a tradition for Mom and I. Though we didn't get anything but a calendar we had fun. Saturday after yard saling and the morning session of conference, Daniel, Aliyah, Lauren, my Mom and I stopped and get lunch from Subway and headed out to Warren Valley. We wanted the girls to be able to run and play and they love dirt so it was the perfect place. My mom had never been there so it was new for her too. When we left the house is was cool and the wind was blowing but by the time we got there it was perfect. The girls had so much fun and came home with, I swear, a truck load of dirt on each of them. The only thing that could have made it better is if I would have remembered the eggs to have an egg hunt but they were happy with there sand toys. We all got a little sunburned but it felt amazing to sit in the sun. Both mom and I said how it felt so Eastery to go to the dunes, I guess picnics outside seem like the Easter thing to do.
That night we dyed eggs. We only did a dozen and the girls loved it. They just kept dipping their eggs in every color. Daniel got the job of helping Lauren. She love the wire egg dipper (which she bent into submission), dropping the eggs in the cups and stirring the water. Her hands were blue when we were done. Aliyah had several eggs going at once, then she would switch them around in the cups, dry them off and start again. It was a lot of fun!

Sunday the Easter bunny had been to our house and left the girls and I dresses and I got a purse and Daniel new pants. And of course a basket full of candy and toys and a movie. We did an egg hunt for the girls that went on for a while as they would want us to rehide the eggs again and again.
I made tomb rolls for Easter breakfast the turned out to be for brunch as the first batch had trouble then we ate lunch and mom had to head home. Daniel the girls and I rode up to Enoch to see his parents and sister Luanan and her family. I was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment