Saturday, April 3, 2010

Yard Sales

I LOVE to yard sale (including KSL classified shopping or occasionally stopping in at DI or as Aliyah calls it the Bumblebee store!)  It is no secret.  My mom loved it and would take me and after the year of sometimes feeling it was embarrassing I have come to love it as she does.  I look forward to the yard sale hunt, every Saturday I am able and when mom and I are together it is a favorite thing to do.  I truely cannot understand people that hate it or have never tried it.  Bargain shopping is the way to go.  We find toys, clothes, decor, dishes, canning good, lots of baby things... you just never know and though sometime all there is is JUNK and you leave with nothing, there are other time you find treasures.

Treasures such as, our swingset, at costco it would have been $1500.00 I only paid $300.00 and some stain. It is amazing.  A trampoline for $20.00 never used all parts there. New gymboree and GAP kids clothes, practically new, for $0.50 to $2.00.  A TV with VCR to play the girls movies $5.00. You just never know what great stuff people are selling. 

Take Easter Saturday I came home with this changing table. Which I think is darling and can be a cute dresser when a changing table is no longer needed.  All I need is baskets.  $30.00 Everything included.  Lauren had to have this pony for $5.00 it has proven to be a great deal as she LOVES it. Aliyah got tinkerbell toys and gymboree dress and top for $4.00 total so for under $40.00 bucks we got all this and the lady selling was immaculate so they are all clean (though I still wash and disinfect).  Tell me where else you find such a deal.

1 comment:

Erica Mangum said...

I love good deals! I need to start going to yardsales! good job britt!