That night we drove up to my moms. Saturday we had our family Halloween party. Everyone was able to come and we all had a good time. Mom did a great job, as always, putting on our Halloween party. The theme was mummies. While Daniel and I took Lauren to get her hair cut, Aliyah and mom made mummy treats, a mummy for outside and decorated the house.
Aliyah made this mummy all by herself, she didn't even watch us make the other but she figured it out
Aliyah even thought of a way she and New Grandma would welcome the guest. Aliyah and New Grandma and I are 3 peas in a pod, we love to decorate for the holidays, celebrate, party and even look at other peoples decorations (Aliyah and Grandma might like that more than me) I love that Aliyah is just like us...the tradition will live on. And I guess Grandma Stewart is to blame for our love of decorating as she is the queen of theme decorating.
We all ate, then played a game where we had to be in teams and wrap one person up as a mummy, we only had one roll of TP but it was fun.
Then it was pumpkin carving. Mom and Dad provided enough pumpkins we all got to carve our own. It was fun and it turned into and adult activity more then a kid one but truth be known...it was my favorite part. Poor Rob, I was not his favorite person when I brought out the pumpkin carving stencils. He was happy to do a traditional pumpkin but No Ashton had to have a star wars pumpkin. It was so funny. All the pumpkins were awesome. We had haunted castle (Daniel), a rose (Aliyah), Jasmine (Leela) cross bones and skull(Kaden) pumpkin and ghost ( Kevin and Mom), fancy face pumpkin (Lauren), star wars (Ashton) and Kagan and Gauge made on too but I cant remember what it was. I wish I would have gotten a picture of them but I was covered in pumpkin guts. That night we took all the little kids around to look at lights and the plaino (aliyahs favorite blow up) Man people just don't decorate for Halloween, they make me look like The Griswold's, it was sad.
Lauren was helping Uncle Kev carve his pumpkin.
On Monday was Lauren class party. This time I dressed up as well. Since Lauren was Dorothy and Christian was a lion, I was a witch. Her class party was simple but fun. They sang at circle time, then they went to table time to stamp lunch sacks, cuz you can't go trick or treating without a sack for candy. It was awesome to watch Lauren, she went to the table without a fuss,she stamped all on her own, she gave the stamps back when she was asked for the and traded ink pads and when it was done she was fine to go back to circle time. AMAZING!
Then they lined the kids up to parade through the other classes. This is Laurens buddy for the day, they are not assigned but Lauren loved her dress and wanted to be with her and the dress.
After we got back we watched the other classes and then had snack time. Lauren chose what treat she wanted, a green cupcake (she loves the look of cupcakes but she only ever swipes at the icing and even then hardly eats that, the aid said "I've noticed Lauren doesn't really like sweet things.......they are getting know and understand her!) I saw so many things that amazed me but the most amazing thing was when snack time was done, Mrs Chari looked at Lauren and signed "all done" while asking Lauren if she was finished and Lauren SIGNED "all done"!!! Then Mrs. Chari said "good lets clean up" and Lauren grabbed her cupcake and threw it away, crumpled up her napkin/plate and threw it away with no other prompts other then moving a trash can by her!!!!!! After that they played 2 games. One where they threw ladybug bean bags into a cauldron, Lauren liked this. Then play hot potato with a stuffed pumpkin/spider thing and Lauren participated, she sat in the circle, she caught and threw the pumpkin appropriate to the game. YAAHH!! Then they went on a spooky walk to a room they had decorated with lights and another toss in the cauldron game, they hung different halloween things from the ceiling and we threw little pumpkins at them and had a box where you couldn't see in but could pull things out. Lauren like this and had several small items in her hands but when it was time to be done, they said "clean up" and she put them all back in the box without a fuss or help or prompt !!!!HOLY COW.
Then they had outside time. Mrs. Chari talked to me then, I told her how amazed I was at all the things I saw Lauren do. She said today was a really good day, and that most of the time Lauren is like this, sometimes she does get upset at the change of activities but has learned upset or not the change is happening and so she can better accept it. Its completely amazing to me how far Lauren has come in 2 months of school. And she loves it. Shes happy. She learning. Its a miracle to me and a joy that is indescribable!! I cried the whole way home and had several teary moments at school. Its just so wonderful.
Anyways back to Halloween.......
That night we ate mummy toe casserole (tator tot casserole) I forgot some things for the In-a-pumpkin meal but this is a family fav. Then went trick or treating. Daniel joined the fun and put a pirate costume on (we were going to be Mary Poppins and Bert but I didn't plan early enough, next year). We got a lot of candy and had a lot of fun. Aliyah kept telling me Halloween is her favorite holiday. We do have so much fun and try to have a lot of fun with it.
Ah yeah do you see the black on Dorothy's dress, that would be from Lauren thinking she could paint her own fingernails black....great.
We forgot to get a family Halloween picture but other then that, It was a great Halloween!!

1 comment:
I'm so, so glad that Lauren is doing so well! That's awesome and so exciting!!!
What a great Mom you are! You inspire me!
Post a Comment