Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pee Wee baseball

We signed Aliyah up for baseball this summer.  I thought it would be teeball but it is coach pitch.  She had 3 other girls on her team and several boys.  Aliyah played catcher for 2 games and 1st base or 2nd base for all the rest.  She is a pretty good little player.  She hit the ball every time she was up this year and she hits it pretty dang far. 

Her team is The Planet and her coach is Eric Leach. They got orange hats and Aliyah was so upset cause she wanted red...like she even knew she would get a hat.


It has been so fun watching the kids play.  They are all so darling and are just having a blast playing.  It has been so fun and I'm so sad her season is already over. 
There was on one bad moment during baseball, some grandma came up to me and was telling me and showing me how I was teaching Aliyah  the wrong way to throw.  I informed her I have played A LOT of ball and let her know she needed to leave.....NOW.  I was surprised how mad I was.  I guess I still am an Oliver.

 

1 comment:

McGinnis Family said...

OH! MY! GOSH!!!! Miss Grandma did not know who she was messing with, did she? Some people have balls where they shouldn't!