Monday, March 21, 2011

My NEW Pantry

Recently I was inspired by pantry makeover on studio 5 and internet browsing. 

They are beautiful, the one below is my favorite, aaahhh
Shelley at house of smiths did this and I LOVE it!!
So I got an itch, and ...

Yes my pantry needed some TLC so....



I CLEARED out the pantry and began scratching at that itch.  Can you believe how much stuff my pantry held !  5 laundry baskets and all my counter space!

Then Daniel and I started taping and painting.

This was a little scary for me as I have never painted a wall let alone a space.  And unfortunately I bombed big time on the first paint color.  It really is pretty, just not for this project.  So I got smart and got some samples and painted swatches on the ugly color,


 Oh, this green was so much better.  I love the color it turned out and it goes with the tone in the colors of my house. Its green and fresh and I love it.

 Now for some interest..

 I really love the quatrefoil design house of smith did but I could not afford to buy it, and making my own stencil was not going so good but now I'm happy with my design.  Its mine and not a copy.
 
And now the moment you've all been waiting for.....




I hope these pictures show how good it really does look.  It feels uncluttered, fresh, fun, bright, organized and down right pretty.  I have a little more I want to do with it but I need to find some jars/containers/bins.  I love it and I am so glad I actually scratch that itch!!


7 comments:

Nani Lii S. Furse said...

Nice job on the pantry! It looks great! I'll feel very accomplished when we get our store room cleaned and organized but hope to decorate more elsewhere in the house this year. You've got some great ideas.

I have a blog now at desertinternal.blogspot.com if you ever want to take a look. I plan to start a family blog in a couple of weeks as soon as Mary gets home from college and can help me set it up to be private (haven't figured that out yet).

I enjoy reading blogs from those in the family--kind of makes up for the family newsletter in a very creative way. I'm starting to blog more regularly too.

Nani Lii S. Furse said...

Oops! My blog can actually be found at desertinterval.blogspot.com.

Colby & Brenda said...

I LOVE IT!! it looks great! I had never thought of hanging those basket things on the wall for all the mccormick packets... I am gonna have to do that. I had never thought of painting my pantry. you may have just inspired me... hmmm.. looks great...

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

Oh my heck I love love love it! The color is beautiful and everything looks pretty! I organized mine but it's not at all pretty like yours! I've been on a kick lately and cleaned out my closet a bit and got rid of a ton of stuff-there's just nothing like the feeling of getting rid of stuff :) You guys are so creative, now if you could just come over and tell me what else to get rid of!

McGinnis Family said...

Wow! That really turned out so great! I love the colors as well, and the design is awesome!!! Good job! I'm so impressed! YOu are one motivated person for sure!

Cass said...

Brit, I am impressed. Your pantry looks wonderful. Now that you are all practiced up, my pantry really needs some help.
Deanna Bringhurst

Marianne Parker said...

It turned out great! It looks beautiful and very functional!