She looked so cute in her uniform. I wanted to do something really fun with her hair but she just wanted it down and straight. I figured it was HER first day not mine.
After Daniel gave her a blessing for today and the school year (So grateful to have a husband that holds the priesthood and this can be a tradition for my kids.) we were off to school.
She is in Ms. Jones class, with her friend Connor McGinnis. Ms. Jones was the one who did Aliyah's kindergarten testing and we had a kindergarten meet and greet last Thursday, so Aliyah has met her and worked with Ms Jones a couple of times. I think she will be a great teacher.
I got to go and have lunch with Aliyah today. When she first saw me she was excited but then when I didn't leave she told me "mom I'm not done yet, go home."
I am so glad she and I had lunch together and she was glad I came and had lunch with her, once she found out I was not taking her home, yet.
One of the best things today was picking her up and she was excited to see me and knowing that she had a good day.
Lauren got into the school mood too. She is so darling.
Aliyah we love you so much and are so excited for you to be in school and learn. You are very smart and love to learn and be with people so school is just right for you. I hope you will love it and and know that mommy is so excited to have you come home at the end of the day. Love you sweetie.
1 comment:
I remember when my oldest went to Kindergarten. I cried. What a monumental moment. She is growing up fast.
I need to talk to you sometime about the font thing. I have mine on my computer, but can't get them to work on the blog.. NEED SOME HELP... will you call me when it's convenient for you??? 229-9285.... THANKS!
Post a Comment