Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Heartbeat and 2 Pennies

Tues. Jan 26 all went to the doctors to hear the baby's heartbeat.  We had no trouble finding it or hearing it.  It was so loud.  Aliyah loved it, and Lauren was to busy being a stinker to care (though I am sure even if she was an angel she still wouldn't have cared.)  It was fun to hear it and to know the baby is healthy and strong.  Listening I have my guesses as to the sex but we will see next month.

Before we left to the Doctors office Aliyah ran and got 2 pennies and told me she needed to give them to the "doctors,  it makes people happy to get money."  I was so surprised she thought this because it is not something we talk about and I tried to explain that mommy pays them and she didn't need to.  She was determined she needed to.  When we got there the receptionist, Megan, was there.  We love her, she is so cute.  Aliyah went right over to her and gave her a penny and told her "now your happy".  She played it up for Aliyah and printed Aliyah out a receit.  Aliyah loved it.  Then when we got back to the exam rooms and the Dr. came in Aliyah gave him a penny.  He did a great job making it a big deal too and told her it would be his lucky penny.  Aliyah was so happy.  She even showed him her toe she had earlier dropped a movie on and skinned her toe.  He was so cute to "look at it" and put a bandaid on it.  It was really cute.

9 comments:

Riki Lee said...

I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! I guess I'm still getting first cousins ;).

Erica Mangum said...

What?????? Brit I cant believe you didnt tell us at bunco! Congrats. That is so exciting!

Katie said...

wait... what????? Actually I was sitting behind you on Sunday just wondering when your next little addition would come. Funny how once you have one you have to have 2 and then you need a 3rd one. 4th is totally optional though. Hope you are doing well and congrats! before long the young womens presidency will be full of pregos!

Elkington Home said...

Congrats! I guess I have to read blogs to find these things out since my fam never tells me! We are so excited for you guys! We love you all and hope you are doing/feeling well.

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys...I can't wait to hear what you're having! I have been thinking a lot about you lately! I hope you are feeling well.

Jarom said...

How exciting! Congrats! Hearing the heartbeat always makes it more real, doesn't it? And I am only two weeks ahead of you! It seems like everyone is pregnant right now, lol!

Stacey said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for you guys! I can't wait to find out what you are having.

Shay Millett said...

Oh, congratulations! That is so exciting! I've missed bumping into you around town. I hope you and your cute little family are doing great.

Marianne Parker said...

Isn't it fun to have little ones hear the heart beat? Kate calls our babie's heart beat a choo choo train! I love the penny story. What a dolly!