Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Leafy Day with G.G.

 
Last week the girls and I were able to stay a couple of nights at my
Grandma Stewarts', the girls G.G.(Great-Grandma). It was so great. I always enjoy staying at her house, beside the fact she's a great cook, going to her house feels like "going home", especially since neither of my parents live in any of the homes I grew up in. I always leave feeling strengthened and healed.

G.G. has a huge tree in her front yard so I bundled the girls up and went out the rake the leaves. I remember playing her leaves as a child and it was fun but nothing like doing it with my girls. Aliyah was such a great helper, she raked and raked and never complained. Lauren tried but just couldn't get it so she ran through the leaf pile constantly. As we were raking Aliyah kept saying "its a leafy day mom".

We had so much fun jumping in the leaves and burying each other, and throwing the leaves up in the air. The girls and I loved it! I love fall, I miss it! Thank you G.G.


No comments: