Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lauren's Birthday!!!

Today is Laurens' 2nd birthday. Time has passed so quickly! We had a simple birthday as she is so little and none of our family was able to be with us.
We took Lauren swimming (one of her favorite things) which she absolutely loved!
We had cake, which Aliyah insisted I make her a princess cake. I was going to do something else but I knew Lauren wouldn't care, and Aliyah really wanted her sister to have a princess cake. It was fun and easy to make (I even made the fondant this time) Aliyah wanted to help so bad she couldn't go to sleep, so I finally let her get up and she made the little green present to put by the princess. Lauren must like it because she loves to get up on the stool and look and touch it.

She is so wonderful and we are grateful to have her part of our family. She still "talks" her language all the time and will converse with you if you make similar sounds, as for English she speaks about 10 words.
She is mommy's little helper, she goes around the house shutting doors and cupboard, does Mommy and Aliyahs hair, sometimes even Daddy's hairand sweeps.
She loves her babies and is so cute with them, she love to play the piano and sing, jump on the trampoline and LOVES to play in the water. She is extremely stubborn and opinionated but loving and sweet, as her dad says 'if you weren't' so cute you wouldn't be worth it'. Though that is not entirely true some days it feels like it.

We love you Lauren and all the special quirks that make you YOU!!

2 comments:

Jarom said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! (Beautiful cake, by the way.)

Riki Lee said...

I'm jealous you guys can still go swimming. 2 years later and I STILL haven't met Lauren. Happy birthday to her!