Sat. started with a traditional family breakfast.
Lauren of course helped her Daddy cook breakfast.
Then it was the opening ceremony of the Olympics (this years theme). Aliyah got to run the torch for our family and Grandma Stewart carried the flag.
We were alittle team but we did manage to win Gold in steal the flag, as we were smart enough to plan how to play with 80+ yrs Grandma, and won a bronze in the rockput (shotput), thanks to Robert showing up at the right time and jumping out of his truck to help our team. We had an egg toss that Grandma Stewart and Aunt Linda did pretty good in, Daniel was the first one the do an impressive job at the log throw but didn't win a medal and the rest of the events....well anyways
My Dad came up Sat (we always tease him that he has been to the reunion more since my parents divorced than when they were married. It is nice we can do things all together so there isn't so much divided time, thanks Mm and Dad) Dad bought us a pole and we had got a princess fishing pole for Aliyah. Sat. night Dad taught me how to rig my pole all up while Aliyah was having fun casting hers, it came with a practice casting weight.
THEN SUNDAY WAS FISHING. Sunday when we got to Benchs pond my Dads pole broke, we tried to rig it up with electrical tape and twigs....
can you seen the bend, this was not working so good.
We resorted to mom holding the pole at the break and Dad at the reel, they were so funny to watch, trying to synchronize their snap to snag the fish. I am still laughing at them.
We caught alot of fish. My family caught 6, 2 of them on Aliyahs pole!! and Robert caught 2 before we left.
I was all excited caughting my fish, I am not a quiet fisher, I was whooping and cheering
but I was not gonna let Rocco ruin my nice fish by biting into it. Robert tried to tell me he is a retriever he is just doing his job, BULL, he was trying to steal my fish! :-)
1 comment:
Hey Brit! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your comment on mine. Yeah! Now we can keep up online.
I love the pictures of Aliyah's birthday. What a cute party. You make a great Snow White!
Sure love you guys!
Rachel
Post a Comment